Experience of previous greenkeeping role(s) is required. Salary is dependent on level of experience.
Greenkeeper – Job Description
- This will form part of your terms and conditions of employment.
Hours Up to 40 hours per week plus some weekends
Hourly rate Dependent on experience
To carry out routine golf course maintenance tasks as directed by the Course Manager, in accordance with the Club’s Health and Safety Policy on the 18 hole course, 9 Hole course, Footgolf course and driving range.
You will deal with customers face-to-face whilst moving around the course so good ‘people skills’, a friendly approach and excellent communication skills are all needed for this.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities under direction from the Course Manager:
- Cut tees, greens, surrounds, fairways, rough and semi rough
- Set up the golf course, including changing holes, moving tee markers, indicating OOB, Drop zones and hazards
- Switch and brush greens
- Apply top dressing and fertilizer
- Prepare and maintain machinery where applicable.
- Identify and control pests and diseases
- Renovate worn and damaged turf
- To collect range balls from the driving range outfield
- Monitor and Maintain health, safety and security in the workplace for self and others
- Driving a tractor with implements
- Preparing machinery for use
- Preparing machinery for storage
- To complete work in any section that The Company may require you to, carrying out other duties within your capabilities, as the workload so requires.
NOTE: All of the above tasks must be carried out in a manner that minimises environmental damage.
Previous experience of being a greenkeeper is an advantage but not essential to the successful applicant