Part time between 10 and 16 hours per week
Bar& Catering assistant – Job specification
You will hold a key role in creating a welcoming and friendly atmosphere to regular and new customers alike and therefore we are looking for a good communicator with a friendly approach and excellent communication skills.
You will be required to work shifts including evenings, weekends and public holidays and these will form part of your contract of employment.
As a bar person your main duties would include:
- Serving customers with drinks and taking food orders
- Collecting payment and operating the till
- Communicating with the kitchen to ensure the smooth running of the food operation alongside the bar
- Providing snacks, such as crisps and nuts
- There will be periods where you will help serve hot and cold food.
- There will be periods when you will prepare hot and cold food and will be responsible for ensuring the kitchen is kept clean and tidy
- You will be responsible for keeping the bar area clean and well stocked, which involves washing glasses, storing empty bottles, clearing and cleaning tables and the bar regularly, this list is not exhaustive.
Hours of work:
Shift work including evenings and weekends is essential. Your hours will be communicated via a weekly rota that is available 2 weeks prior.
- The ability to prepare and serve a range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.
- The ability to take and remember orders
- The ability to work as part of a team
- An outgoing personality and a pleasant manner
- Tact and diplomacy for dealing with demanding customers
- The ability to carry heavy crates, beer barrels and boxes
- A smart and tidy appearance
- Basic maths skills